AP
Posted By
Art Prest
Sep 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time that I try to access Photoshop CS help files I get an error message when Microsoft Internet Explorer tries to open to view the *.html file:
"Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I have Zone Alarm and several anti-spyware programs running but I still get the problem even after I shutdown these programs.

HELP, Art

To reply to me directly, delete "nospam_" from my email address.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KB
Ken Burns
Sep 3, 2004
I have the same problem and have never been able to find an answer. So, I jsut put a shortcut to the PS help file on my desktop.

KB

"Art Prest" wrote in message
Every time that I try to access Photoshop CS help files I get an error message when Microsoft Internet Explorer tries to open to view the *.html file:
"Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close."
I have Zone Alarm and several anti-spyware programs running but I still
get
the problem even after I shutdown these programs.

HELP, Art

AP
Art Prest
Sep 4, 2004
Thanks Ken,

Your solution works but I have to have Microsoft Internet Explorer open first or I get the error message. I have the problem that I described using Photoshop CS as well as 6.01 and Elements 2.0. It does not happen with Adobe Premiere though. Weird!

Art

"Ken Burns" wrote in message
I have the same problem and have never been able to find an answer. So, I jsut put a shortcut to the PS help file on my desktop.

KB

"Art Prest" wrote in message
Every time that I try to access Photoshop CS help files I get an error message when Microsoft Internet Explorer tries to open to view the
*.html
file:
"Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close."
I have Zone Alarm and several anti-spyware programs running but I still
get
the problem even after I shutdown these programs.

HELP, Art

L
Littlemoot
Sep 4, 2004
Art Prest wrote:
Your solution works but I have to have Microsoft Internet Explorer open first or I get the error message. I have the problem that I described using Photoshop CS as well as 6.01 and Elements 2.0. It does not happen with Adobe Premiere though. Weird!

Is it something to do with this I wonder?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=878461

It lists PS 7 in the article but it could apply to CS as well – do you both have SP2 installed?

Mutley!! Doooooo Something!!
Fix Outlook Express – http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/ as recommended by your friendly neighbourhood MeltDown.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections