DL
Posted By
David_List
Jul 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Which keyboard shortcuts should I use to add to a selection, when the selection I wish to add should be drawn from center (an ellipse), using the elliptical marquee tool?

I have tried Shift+Alt after advise from books, but that does certainly not work in my case. The ellipse is not drawn from center, and the selection is not added, but I get the common area of the selections.

Best regards,
David List

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 12, 2007
Which version?

How to get help quickly <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.2cd06cd9>
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Jul 12, 2007
Begin dragging your selection with the Shift key held down. This adds to the existing selection. After you start dragging, you can release Shift. NOW press Alt, and the added selection will change to out from center. Pressing Shift here will constrain the added selection to equal width and height.

Similarly, if you begin the drag holding the Alt key, it will be subtracting from the existing selection. If you release the Alt key, and then press it again, it will change the subtracted selection to out from center.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jul 13, 2007
If you click on the "add to selection" icon in the options bar, you should be able to click and drag normally, and while dragging press Alt to center the ellipse on the start point and, if desired, also press Shift to constrain the ellipse to a circle.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 13, 2007
That’s why I asked which version he had.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections