KaiMann
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My system keeps freezing whenever I use Photoshop. I used to use Photoshop
5.5 for years on Windows98, then I started having problems with freezing
when I would alter the image size from large to smaller. My system would freeze and then I would need to reboot using my reset button. I then upgraded my OS to XP and that was no help. I tried using Photoshop CS and I still have the same problem. Aside from the changes mentioned above there have been no changes to the system. I went on Adobe’s website to their FAQ page and did what was suggested there and I still have the same problem. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
john
Apr 1, 2004
In article <OANac.3037$>, "KaiMann" wrote:

when I would alter the image size from large to smaller. My system would freeze and then I would need to reboot using my reset button. I then upgraded my OS to XP and that was no help. I tried using Photoshop CS and I still have the same problem. Aside from the changes mentioned above there have been no changes to the system.

Your last sentence points to the problem: no changes to your system. Perhaps you have inadequate or defective hardware.
-xiray-
Apr 1, 2004
On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 07:28:40 -0600, (jjs)
wrote:

Your last sentence points to the problem: no changes to your system. Perhaps you have inadequate or defective hardware.

My bet would be that if PS 5.5 sometimes crashed in Win98, and the user upgraded the machine to WinXP and PS CS then . . .

the system is woefully short on RAM
T
tom187
Apr 1, 2004
-xiray- wrote:

wrote:

My bet would be that if PS 5.5 sometimes crashed in Win98, and the user upgraded the machine to WinXP and PS CS then . . .

Or it could be the infamous, old Asus motherboard incompatibility problem. If the machine was originally running Win ’98 it would be of the appropriate vintage to potentially carry the P3BF board that had a hardware problem.
——————————-
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
L
lkrz
Apr 1, 2004
when I would alter the image size from large to smaller. My system would freeze and then I would need to reboot using my reset button.

How much space is available on your hard drive?
You need several GBs free for Photoshop to work effeciently. Make sure your caches/temp folders are cleaned out.
Also check for adware/trojans/spyware. More info on that here: http://computercops.biz/forums.html

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography
K
KaiMann
Apr 4, 2004
Thanks for the info about the motherboard. That maybe what it is. I am going to assume that there is nothing I can do to fix the hardware problem that the Asus P3BF board has (except get another motherboard). ______________
Kai

"Tom Thomas" wrote in message
-xiray- wrote:

wrote:

Or it could be the infamous, old Asus motherboard incompatibility problem. If the machine was originally running Win ’98 it would be of the appropriate vintage to potentially carry the P3BF board that had a hardware problem.
——————————-
Tom

T
tom187
Apr 5, 2004
"KaiMann" wrote:

Thanks for the info about the motherboard. That maybe what it is. I am going to assume that there is nothing I can do to fix the hardware problem that the Asus P3BF board has (except get another motherboard).

I thought at one time they were replacing them or fixing them free. It’s been pretty heavily discussed here, but not recently. Check with the vendor you bought it from and see what they say.

Have a look at this, if you haven’t.
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2256a.htm
——————————-
Tom

K
KaiMann
Apr 6, 2004
Thanks again! I only started having this problem recentley and therefore didn’t look for the info you mentioned. I’ll check with the vendor and go from there. Thanks for the input and the time.

Kai

"Tom Thomas" wrote in message
"KaiMann" wrote:

Thanks for the info about the motherboard. That maybe what it is. I am going to assume that there is nothing I can do to fix the hardware
problem
that the Asus P3BF board has (except get another motherboard).

I thought at one time they were replacing them or fixing them free. It’s been pretty heavily discussed here, but not recently. Check with the vendor you bought it from and see what they say.

Have a look at this, if you haven’t.
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2256a.htm
——————————-
Tom

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections