PP
Posted By
Patrick_Partridge
May 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just experienced this problem for the first time on Friday: During the middle of a large work batch, I was suddenly unable to use the "Open" feature from within Photoshop CS3. Attempting to either Control-O or use "open" from the "file" drop-down causes the dialoge box to pop up for a quick flicker, then disappear, and the program is thereafter frozen. Only a Task Manager shut down will close Photoshop at that point.

I can use the program fully in all other respects. I can even open PSDs or image files using Explorer and right-click open, but as soon as I use the Photoshop "Open", it freezes again.

I’ve tried full shut down, resetting preferences, changing my printer to a non-networked printer, and reinstalling Photoshop from the CS3 disc (without uninstalling completely yet – hoping to avoid doing that), but nothing’s working.

Is this a known issue?

(Running CS3 Web Premium on XP Pro.)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
May 12, 2008
next time it happens, hit ESC. then try again… 😉

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections