DD
Posted By
Doreen_DeRose
Jul 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to change the values in the Save for Web window, I find that I can not type ANY NUMERIC CHARACTERS into ANY of the value fields (e.g. Lossy, Colors, Web Snap, Width, Height, etc.), yet ALL of the drop down menus are working.

However, I can type values into notepad and then copy and paste them into these fields – which is great as a temporary work around, but is NOT practical for an everyday practice!

This problem started before I updated our adobe suite (CS2) and is still happening (and is not isolated to a particular file). And it is not replicable in any other program – including the rest of the suite – e.g. Illustrator’s Save for Web window allows me to enter into values directly from my keyboard.

Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks,
Doreen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 11, 2007
Have you tried trashing/resetting Preferences?
DD
Doreen_DeRose
Jul 11, 2007
No – I’m not a very techy gal – is it easy to do or is it something I need my IT team to do?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 11, 2007
It’s in the FAQs. Very easy to do:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.ef4a07f/1>
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 11, 2007
Before you do this, make sure any Custom Presets, Actions, Styles, etc, are Saved. Don’t rely on the automatic saving that occurs because that is in a Preferences file and may not survive.

What I do is make a copy of the "clean" Photoshop Prefs and when I need to reset I Paste it into the proper place in Documents and Settings. That way all my personal settings are preserved. A bit on the advanced side, but a big time saver.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 11, 2007
Save for web preferences are to be found in:

\documents & Settings\~username\Application Data\Adobe\Save for Web\ ~Version No\

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections