Ref: Text Resolution from Photoshop… High or Low Resolution ?

A
Posted By
Anto38x
Mar 7, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi people…
Can anyone tell me… for sure… that text set in Adobe Photoshop will output similar to that of text set in Adobe Illustrator… or will it output as a bitmap file and be pixelated and blurry when enlarged by 400% ?

I have the text setup on Photoshop… but to sync the EPS text with the Photoshop file in Quark is just proving too difficult and dangerous for print output.

Please advise…

Regards,
Anthony

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 7, 2009
I haven’t used either QXP or EPS for years now, but if you are stuck with that route, I would advise that you should set ALL text in either an Illustrator documents or directly in QXP itself.

On the other hand, you might want to start learning to use Photoshop PDFs and InDesign ….
JD
John_Danek
Mar 8, 2009
My concern ( and yours ) is the amount of enlargement. If you set your text in Photoshop and it remained 100% for life, there shouldn’t be any issues as long as the final halftone screen is fine enough to handle the text detail. For instance, newsprint text at 10pt would not be easily read using an 85 lpi halftone screen ( depending on your file’s density ). But, your file is on its way to being enlarged 400%, you have to set the resolution to compenstae for that enlargement, otherwise the file ( sans text ) itself will pixelate and could end up around 75ppi ( from 300ppi @ 100% ). Your file should have a resolution of 1200ppi, then if you enlarge it 400%, you’ll end up with 300ppi, and with a halftone screen of 150lpi, your text should be razor sharp.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections