small type + low resolution = greeked (grey box)

EH
Posted By
Erika_Heggie
Dec 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to turn off "greeking" for tiny type? I’m trying to get a 6 pt superscript @ 72 dpi, and it gives me the dreaded grey box. If I do it at 300 dpi, it works. I’ve worked around it by resampling to 72 dpi, but wondering if there’s a preference I missed somewhere to make it easier.

And if you’re wondering if this subscripted character is remotely legible? Nope — I just need to get across the general idea…

thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 19, 2006
What version of Photoshop?
EH
Erika_Heggie
Jan 2, 2007
cs2
B
Buko
Jan 2, 2007
Erika think of what you are trying to do.

6pt type on a 72ppi file superscript. the resolution does not support it. You couldn’t read it even if it was not greeked.
EH
Erika_Heggie
Jan 2, 2007
And if you’re wondering if this subscripted character is remotely legible? Nope — I just need to get across the general idea…

Like I said above. It’s for web, if you saw it you’d understand. What I don’t understand is why Photoshop renders the grey box instead.
B
Buko
Jan 2, 2007
Mine doesn’t grey out. It could be a system setting.
EH
Erika_Heggie
Jan 2, 2007
Mine here at work doesn’t grey out either, with the same T1 font. I’m not using font management at home, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Weird.
B
Buko
Jan 2, 2007
doubt it

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections