KA
Posted By
kurt_angle
Dec 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using CS3 and can’t seem to add any type. I have also tried following along with an online tutorial and something is obviously amiss. I will start with a blank document, select the horizontal type tool, and set foreground color to black (background is white). When I click on the document a new layer is created and I only get a black square on the screen. No text 🙁 I noticed a "commit" checkbox but that does nothing for me as well.

I haven’t used this program since v5.5 but I am following the same steps I used in the past. I’m just wondering if I am missing something or if I should try reinstalling.

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CB
charles badland
Dec 20, 2007
Hmm..
What is your Image Size resolution? Make sure it’s not some weird res.. like 1 ppi.
KA
kurt_angle
Dec 20, 2007
I *resolved* the issue. There was a workspace option on the toolbar. I set it to basic and it fixed my problem. I switched it back to the default workspace and it now works there as well.

Oh well…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections