Posted By
M-323
Feb 10, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I’m trying to make bumper stickers, business cards, letterhead and envelopes all with the same logo.

I started with the sticker (12 inches wide) and emailed the file to the sign maker

then I made started a new canvas, and dragged the logo elements onto the new canvas to make the business card, but when I downsized the logo to business card size, the resolution became grainy.

I tried removing some of the attributes, like shadows, glows etc but that didn’t help much.

how do you downsize the 12 inch logo to fit on a business card, letterhead etc?

Im afraid starting from scratch will not look the same.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
J_Maloney
Feb 10, 2009
I’m afraid starting from scratch will not look the same.

Then you’re DOA. That’s the nature of your problem. You need to create a vector logo, "from scratch".

You could post some screen shots to pixentral.com and we might be able to give you pointers if you insist on resizing a rasterized logo. But as a rule, create your logo in vector and then you won’t have this problem.

And if the above quoted sentiment is the client’s, well…
M
M-323
Feb 10, 2009
ok wait a second, I grouped everything into a smart object, then dragged the smart object over to the new 3.5 x 2 bus card canvas and it worked ;~) thank goodness.

M/
JM
J_Maloney
Feb 10, 2009
Sounds like it might have been layer effects not scaling properly. Or maybe you scaled down some, then some more, then back up a little (smart objects do "nudge" scaling non-destructively). Glad you’re sorted. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections