C
Posted By
CygnusX1
Feb 6, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m sure this may end up being an OSX issue but is it just that hard these days centering an image on the 1280?

CS3 and OSX up to dat plus supposedly latest Epson driver.

thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Feb 6, 2009
CS3 and OSX up to dat plus supposedly latest Epson driver.

I assume that means Leopard. Have you tried downloading the driver for your 1280 from the Epson UK site? The Epson drivers on the US site have issues.

<http://www.epson.co.uk/>
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Feb 6, 2009

1. Do you have the Epson 1280 selected in Page Setup (not just in Print)?
2. What is the paper size you are trying to center on?
3. Does the paper size have a Minimize Margins option? For example, if you are trying to center on Letter, then in Page Setup can you choose "Letter (Minimize Margins)"?
C
CygnusX1
Feb 6, 2009
I have Leopard correct.
I do have the 1280 selected in both setup & print and I’m using 4×6 where in this instance I’m printing and image that is 3.75x XX so there’s a border.

Also it seems I can no longer see an option to select 1280 border-less when once I could in the days of 10.4.

I downloaded the 1270 driver from the UK sire but will try it tomorrow. They didn’t list a 1280, just a 1270 & 1290.

I’ll post my results soon. and I will try the "minimize margins" too.

Thanks for all your help so far.
R
Ram
Feb 6, 2009
downloaded the 1270 driver from the UK sire but will try it tomorrow. They didn’t list a 1280, just a 1270 & 1290.

That might not work. My Epson 2200 is called the Epson 2100 in the EU and UK, and the driver for the 2100 and the 2200 printer do not recognize each other. Bummer.

I’ve had excellent results lately with the Gutenprint driver, which I started using in order to take advantage of 16-bit printer, which is not offered by the Epson driver for the 2200.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections