A
Posted By
ahall
Jan 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I got good color on the 2nd try with the bundled paper.

I googled for a recent FAQ on printing with modern pro
Epson drivers from CS2 and came up blank.

Does anyone have a good site with good tips on use of the Epson driver and CS2 print settings?

On good paper/profile combinations? I got a few sample packs of Epson papers, but have not started going through them yet (want to be sure I am using the correct settings before making big paper purchases).

Any tips/links would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Almost Clueless…

Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in comp.graphics.apps.photoshop…)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Rob
Jan 13, 2007
wrote:

Does anyone have a good site with good tips on use of the Epson driver and CS2 print settings?

On good paper/profile combinations? I got a few sample packs of Epson papers, but have not started going through them yet (want to be sure I am using the correct settings before making big paper purchases).

Thanks in advance,
Almost Clueless…

ftp://ftp.epson.com.au/pub/epson/TechTips/RGB%20CS2%20Window s%20Workflow.pdf
A
ahall
Jan 13, 2007
Rob writes:

Rob> wrote:
Thanks in advance,
Almost Clueless…

Thank you, that is a very helpful document.

ah

Andrew Hall
A
ahall
Jan 13, 2007
Rob writes:

Rob> wrote:
Thanks in advance,
Almost Clueless…

Quick question: This document has us selecting Europe Prepress 2 for the settings dropdown in CS2 Edit -> Color Settings.

Should I use the North America Prepress 2? I do not understand why it would be different in Europe and the US.

Thanks again,

Andrew Hall
RG
Roy G
Jan 13, 2007
wrote in message

Thanks in advance,
Almost Clueless…

Andrew Hall

Hi.

The Epson Australia site workflows are very good.

You should be aware that there are very few real differences between the Ps "Print with Preview" dialogues since about version 6. The wording has changed but the actual process and choices you need to make are almost identical.

If you want a workflow, have a look at our Camera Club Site. www.ayrphoto.co.uk Go to Notices and Info, then to Printing with Ps and Epson.

Roy G
JM
John McWilliams
Jan 13, 2007
wrote:
Rob writes:

Rob> wrote:
Thanks in advance,
Almost Clueless…

Quick question: This document has us selecting Europe Prepress 2 for the settings dropdown in CS2 Edit -> Color Settings.

Should I use the North America Prepress 2? I do not understand why it would be different in Europe and the US.

Yes, use NA Prepress.

I’d recommend russellbrown. com for tutorials on how to print off an Epson (2200 I think, but the general tips will help).

Also Ilford have excellent illustrated instructions, including Profiles for many printer/paper combo’s. Again, generally helpful.

The epson doc. above is too ugly to have to read what with all those screen shots of Windows-Adobe interface.

John McWilliams
A
ahall
Jan 14, 2007
John McWilliams writes:

John> wrote:
Rob writes:
Rob> wrote:
Thanks in advance,
Almost Clueless…
ftp> ftp.epson.com.au/pub/epson/TechTips/RGB%20CS2%20Windows%20Wo rkflow.pdf
Quick question: This document has us selecting Europe Prepress 2 for the settings
dropdown in CS2 Edit -> Color Settings.
Should I use the North America Prepress 2? I do not understand why it would
be different in Europe and the US.

John> Yes, use NA Prepress.

John> I’d recommend russellbrown. com for tutorials on how to print off an John> Epson (2200 I think, but the general tips will help).

John> Also Ilford have excellent illustrated instructions, including John> Profiles for many printer/paper combo’s. Again, generally helpful.

I downloaded and installed these (Windows), and they show up in PS CS2. Is there any way to get their names to be more descriptive in PS?

John> The epson doc. above is too ugly to have to read what with all those John> screen shots of Windows-Adobe interface.

Thanks again,

Andrew Hall

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections