BG
Posted By
Brian_Gallagher2
Aug 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Where in Elements can I see the metadata for a photo (f-stop, ISO, shutter, etc)?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JD
Juergen_D
Aug 18, 2004
Brian,
You can find the EXIF info in the Elements file browser (lower left hand corner).

Juergen
BG
Brian_Gallagher2
Aug 18, 2004
Thanks. I didn’t see the dropdown arrow next to General the first twenty times I clicked on File info…

Much appreciated!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 18, 2004
Ya know, that doesn’t seem to be available in PE1 of the file browser…either that or I’m blind ! I’ve never used elements to find the exif data….obviously. I right click on it from my files and click properties is all. Anyone using PE1 that sees where the exif info is available ?
JD
Juergen_D
Aug 18, 2004
Jodi,
Do you have it in File Info, where Brian it just found?

Juergen
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 18, 2004
juerg, I pulled up an image that I hadn’t touched and there is only some pathetic useless info in my EXIf date;

Exif/Make FUJIFILM
Exif/Model FinePix S5000
Exif/Orientation 1,top-left
Exif/X resolution 72.000000
Exif/Y resolution 72.000000
Exif/Resolution-unit 2,inch
Exif/Software Digital Camera FinePix S5000 Ver3.00
Exif/Date-time 2004:07:19 20:26:36
Exif/YCbCr positioning 2,cosited
Exif/compression 1,JPEG
Exif/Orientation 1,top-left
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Aug 18, 2004
Jodi,
Right click image file in your folder.
Go to Properties>Summary>Advanced
I use PE v.1, Win_XP
Ken
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 18, 2004
Ken, ya, I know how to get it from there( as I said in my earlier post XD)….can’t seem to get in PE1 tho.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Aug 18, 2004
I can’t either.
Ken
JD
Juergen_D
Aug 18, 2004
Jodi, no, that does not look very exciting…

Juergen
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Aug 18, 2004
Jodi, it looks like PE1 points to the wrong portion of the EXIF data, at least for your camera….and mine. Oh, well, someday there’ll be a PE2….

🙂

Chuck
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 18, 2004
Chuck, yup, maybe 😉
BG
Brian_Gallagher2
Aug 19, 2004
Chuck,

Unless I’m totally missing the sarcasm, there is a Photoshop Elements 2. I’m using it right now.
J
jhjl1
Aug 19, 2004
Your totally missing the sarcasm. Jodi is our most loved and talented Elements guru who still uses Elements 1 when she is not using the full version of Photoshop. Chuck may be using version 1 as well, I’m not sure.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
Chuck,

Unless I’m totally missing the sarcasm, there is a Photoshop Elements

2. I’m using it right now.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 19, 2004
Brian

Chuck and Jodi have been pulling each others legs for a very long time and it happens that Jodi have never moved up to PE 2. Jodi is capable of doing in PE 1 what most people can only dream about doing in full blown Photoshop.

Grant
BG
Brian_Gallagher2
Aug 19, 2004
I’m not sure how much an upgrade to 2 would be, but is’t only $99 retail. I’m not into piracy, but maybe they know someone who’s got a copy to "lend" them. (I got mine legally when I bought my Canon 300D)
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Aug 19, 2004
Brian, as others said, I was just funnin’ with Jodi. She could make great art using a DOS version of Elements on a 8088 PC…

PE2 is still available at my local Sam’s Club for $52.75. One of the all-time bargains in software IMHO! Of course, if PE3 is really in the pipeline as the rumor mill insisits and it has lots of neat features for $99 or even $129, it might be worth the wait…

Chuck
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 20, 2004
You guys are blowing my head way outa’ proportion ! Thanks <blush>…..tho i really feel I need to do more (focus !!!!!)to feel that way.

Chuck, i think my next purchase will be peIV 😉 hmmmm, maybe not 😉 😉

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections