web album creation not showing metadata in gallery?

U
Posted By
ushere
May 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
using bridge to pick and sort pics, then tools to web album creator in cs3, gallery is produced as usually, but i’m not getting any of me metadata ‘descriptions’ showing up. the relevant text is in both the photos.xml and photos.js files, but not showing up….

also the font size controls are ‘greyed’ out under the ‘simple -thumbnail table’…

any help suggestions most welcome

leslie

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MS
Malcolm Smith
May 25, 2008
Leslie
I assume you mean Web Photo Gallery – if not ignore my reply.
1. Not all web photo gallery styles display image metedata and those that do
vary in what they display.
2 The HTML etc code used by Web Photo Gallery can be found on the PC under Program Files>Adobe etc. with each style in a folder.
3. I copied the one closest to my requirements to a new folder "Malcolm" and
modified the HTML code. I changed colours, borders and added metadata title – If you understand HTML it is not too difficult to work out where the changes go and it is very easy to test.
4. Usually greyed out fields are those not applicable to that style. My modified :"Malcolm" style had title greyed out until I added it to the style HTML code. I needed to check the title which is now not greyed out. 5 I never go the thumbnail size to work so assumed there was a bug in the code.
I use my modified Web Photo Gallery in my (new two months ago) website www.ember-razement,com.au for the photo galleries.

Malcolm
MS
Malcolm Smith
May 25, 2008
Sorry I put a comma instead of a full stop in my web address. www.ember-razement.com.au is correct
U
ushere
May 25, 2008
malcombe,

first, great photography, beautifully composed and shots……

i followed your instructions, and though no great shakes at code (use dreamweaver, the first 10% of it probably, and that in display mode ;-), managed to figure out the differences between the page layouts / coding. i now have meta showing up at last….

many thanks for your time

leslie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections