Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As the title said.

Thanks

Keith

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Aug 17, 2004
I am not sure that I understand your inquiry fully. If you want to make a "box" with rounded corners do this:
1. File>new
2. Select rectangular marquee tool, set feather 15-20px, constrain aspect ratio, enter width & height
3. Now you can select move tool and with handles reconfigure as necessary. If this is not what you are after, please repost.
Ken
TF
Terri_Foster
Aug 17, 2004
Following Kenneth’s suggestion, you can also use the ctrl key with the move tool selected (see step 3 in Ken’s #1 post) to distort the shape. Also if you only need the outline just select the shape, create a blank layer over the shape, then edit<stroke.

TErri
KN
Keith_Ng
Aug 17, 2004
Hi Ken,

Sorry for the confusion.

What I want to do is to make a rounded corner (one of the corner) on a rectangular drawing and be able to adjust the curveness of the corner.

Thanks

Keith
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 17, 2004
off the top of my head one way to do it on ‘one’ corner…grab the elliptical marquee tool ( hiding under rec marquee) drag the circle…hold space bar down at the same time to place the rounded edge where you want it in the shape you want it…do a ‘select inverse’ and then grab the eraser and erase the corner you don’t want.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Aug 17, 2004
If you want all four corners rounded, use the rounded rectangle custom shape tool and draw a rectangle that covers the area you want to include. The Radius setting adjusts how round the corners are.

It will just cover up your photo, so when you’re done, in the layers palette drag the rectangle layer below the picture layer ( Before you do this, you may have to double-click the picture layer to make it a regular layer if it’s a background layer.) and press Control (command if you have a mac) + G to group the layers. Your photo will be cropped to the shape of the rectangle.
EW
Ed_Wurster
Aug 17, 2004
Keith wrote:
What I want to do is to make a rounded corner (one of the corner) on a rectangular drawing and be able to adjust the curveness of the corner.

Turn on the Grid, and Grid Snap
Custom Shape Tool
Quarter Circle Shape
Set the radius to what you desire
Draw Quarter Circle Shape
Free Transform the layer (or two 90 deg. rotations) to rotate this corner to the orientation you need
Move the Quarter Circle into the corner — it should snap there Draw 2 rectangles with the shape tool so that you cover the area "not corner" (you’ll see white everywhere except for the corner where your picture shows thru)
Turn off the background layer
Merge visible layers (3 layers with shapes)
Turn on the background layer
Double click your background layer and change to Layer 0 Move Layer 0 over the shape so you can move it over the shape layer Group background layer with shape layer

The grid will help you draw and place the shape with precision You can adjust the quarter circle roundness up till the point where you merge the shape layers.

Ed

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections