Posted By
Robert
Mar 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi:

I hope that there is a technique to accomplish modifying the radius of a rounded rectangle after it has been applied to the canvas.

Please help.

Robert.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
ronviers
Mar 20, 2007
On Mar 19, 8:39 pm, "Robert" wrote:
Hi:

I hope that there is a technique to accomplish modifying the radius of a rounded rectangle after it has been applied to the canvas.
Please help.

Robert.

Hi Robert,
It sounds like you are using the fill pixels option of the rounded rectangle tool. If this is the case then fill pixels are rasterized on application just because that’s the definition of fill pixels. The path and shape (fill layer with vector mask) will at least give you ability to delete and remake the rectangles later. I don’t know what you have going but you might consider using a layer style with an outer glow. The spread and size can be used to vary the radius and sharpness of a rectangle and if you choose the cone contour with the fill pixel opacity set to zero then the rectangles can be empty or even filled by using the color overlay. With this method you could place similar rectangles on the same layer and vary their corner radii together.

Good luck,
Ron
K
KatWoman
Mar 20, 2007
wrote in message
On Mar 19, 8:39 pm, "Robert" wrote:
Hi:

Please help.

Robert.

Hi Robert,
It sounds like you are using the fill pixels option of the rounded rectangle tool. If this is the case then fill pixels are rasterized on application just because that’s the definition of fill pixels. The path and shape (fill layer with vector mask) will at least give you ability to delete and remake the rectangles later. I don’t know what you have going but you might consider using a layer style with an outer glow. The spread and size can be used to vary the radius and sharpness of a rectangle and if you choose the cone contour with the fill pixel opacity set to zero then the rectangles can be empty or even filled by using the color overlay. With this method you could place similar rectangles on the same layer and vary their corner radii together.

Good luck,
Ron

when you say applied to canvas you mean it’s flattened into the layer?? if you kept it on a layer above you could edit it using transform >>scale explained above by RON>> this is a case where shapes or paths may be a better choice
as they can be modified without affecting the original art or background layer

if you are just wondering how to change the corners appearance from the default>> the options are in the toolbar dropdowns
R
Robert
Mar 21, 2007
By applied to canvas I mean that I’ve drawn the rounded rectangle and deselected it (by clicking on the blank area on the canvas).

I now want to adjust the radius of the corners. There seems to be no apparent way to do this by re-selecting the rounded rectangle.

Thanks.
R
Robert
Mar 21, 2007
By applied to canvas I mean that I’ve drawn the rounded rectangle and deselected it (by clicking on the blank area on the canvas).

I now want to adjust the radius of the corners. There seems to be no apparent way to do this by re-selecting the rounded rectangle.
R
ronviers
Mar 21, 2007
On Mar 21, 4:12 pm, "Robert" wrote:

Yes, there is no way. You might consider making shapes in advance with the radii you will need for the project. The shapes could be named according to their dimensions.
K
KatWoman
Mar 22, 2007
wrote in message
On Mar 21, 4:12 pm, "Robert" wrote:

Yes, there is no way. You might consider making shapes in advance with the radii you will need for the project. The shapes could be named according to their dimensions

yeah you need to choose the corner style before you draw the shape

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections