K
Posted By
kateri
Aug 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
New at this and don’t know how to finish using a tool without clicking on another tool. That is how to just get back to having a plain cursor while in an image. Not a cursor associated with a tool.

An associated problem: Once I have used the move tool, how do I get rid of the box?

I have tried looking in help and several books without success. The answers are probably big as day, but I haven’t found them.

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 15, 2004
I wish i had 10 bucks for every time someone came asking this 😉

Elements always has the last tool you used open…it does not revert back to system cursor. Most of us have a preference for where we like to park our tool. I prefer the marquee tool while some like the hand 🙂
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 15, 2004
I’m a lasso parker 🙂

Now to get rid of the box when you have finished with the move tool … first you need to apply the change (click on the little tick … top of the screen on the right hand side) then do Apple + D to deselect … I guess that is Control + D on windows.

You just hold down the Apple (or Control?) key and whilst holding it down press the D key.

Hope this helps

Wendy
MM
Mac_McDougald
Aug 15, 2004
Yep.

As far as the "box". Not sure if you mean selection or layer, but either: – Select/Deselect (control+D)
or
– Uncheck "show bounding box" in options menu at top.

Mac
K
kateri
Aug 15, 2004
Thanks $$$ Wendy $$$$ $$$$$ $$$$$$

I spent soooo much time looking.
K
kateri
Aug 15, 2004
Jodi I gave $$$$ to the other responders as well
Here’s your THANK YOU VAULT

$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
K
kateri
Aug 15, 2004
Thank you. I will try Ctrl+D as I have Windows XP

I’m sure you get some of Jodi’s looooot toooo $$$$$ $$$$$$ $$$$$$$

🙂
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 15, 2004
Kateri,

Glad to be of help 🙂

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 15, 2004
Kat, Thanks for the loot ! I feel so rich now…hmmmm, whatever will i do with all those cash symbols…hmmmm, this is a tough decision. Perhaps Ill just keep it safe in the box 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections