J
Posted By
JPWhite
Aug 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Save for web worked without issues for me until I recently uninstaled Netscape 4.79. (I have other versions of Netscape and decided to remove the older version).

Since removing Netscape 4.79, every time I click on Save For Web Photoshop complains that the link ‘Netscape Navigator.lnk’ no longer exists. I can’t find anywhere in preferences where you can tell it to look somewhere else for Netscape. After I click on OK Save for web goes ahead and works just fine. I simply want to rid myself of this annoying error message.

Any clues?

JP

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 6, 2004
Open the Save for Web window and look at the bottom of the screen, slightly toward the right of center. There’s a little box that says "Preview In", and Netscape 4.79 is undoubtedly displayed. There’s also a little arrow; click on the arrow and you’ll be able to choose another browser. Since you’ve now uninstalled Netscape 4.79, you’ll need to choose "Other", which will let you scroll through and locate the browser you want to use for previews.
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 6, 2004
JP,

I ran into exactly the same issue, and found the advice given by Eva Deck to be exactly the cure!!

Posted by Eva Deck on 8-Apr-2004:

"Using Windows ME. I found that I could change my browser choice "in save for web" by going to Program Files|adobe|photoshop elements2|helpers|preview in. That file lists the shortcuts that are used. You can delete a shortcut or add one."

With luck, that will be what you need, as well.

Byron
J
JPWhite
Aug 7, 2004
Thanks Byron,

Perfect advice. Now I have all 4 of my browsers listed as preview options and no more errors!!

JP
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 7, 2004
JP,

Excellent… it’s a good feeling when something works.

Three cheers for Eva!!

Byron

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections