BN
Posted By
Bill_Nakielski
May 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In trying to organize my actions into different sets. That is put actions I use for portraits into the "Portrait set", those for sharpening into a "Sharpening Set".

Photoshop help reads:

"To move an action to a different set, drag the action to that set. When the highlighted line appears in the desired position, release the mouse button."

However, when I attempt to put any actions into the sets I’ve created, I cannot drag them INTO the set. They’ll go above, below, anywhere but into the set.

I’ve even created a set, then recorded a dummy action inside the set to get it started but still it won’t accept any previously written ones.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

bill_n

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DR
Danny_Raphael
May 8, 2007
A couple things to check:
* Be sure you’re dragging an individual action, not an action set. PS does not permit action sets inside action sets.
* If you drag an action to an "open" action set (one where individual action names are visible) and release the mouse button, PS "should" move the action to the destination set and place it ‘above’ the horizontal line that appears among the actions.
* If you drag an action to a "closed" action set and release the mouse button, PS "should" move the action to the destination set (the one ‘below’ the horizontal line that appears among the action sets) and place the moved action in the last (bottom) position within the set.

Does this help?
BN
Bill_Nakielski
May 8, 2007
Danny_Raphael wrote:

A couple things to check:
* Be sure you’re dragging an individual action, not an action set (the
folder-like object that contains individual actions). PS does not permit action sets inside other action sets.
* If you drag an action to an "open" action set (one where individual
action names are visible) and release the mouse button, PS "should" move the action to the destination action set and place it ‘above’ the horizontal line that appears among the individual actions.
* If you drag an action to a "closed" action set and release the mouse
button, PS "should" move the action to the destination set (the one ‘below’ the horizontal line that appears among the action sets) and place the moved action in the last (bottom) position within the set.
Does this help?

YES IT DOES! Thanks Danny, I’ve finally realized I’ve been dragging around sets instead of the individual actions.

Best regards,

bill_n

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections