G
Posted By
GLP
Jul 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I run Photoshop 2.0. Using the lasso tool, I copy and paste digital photographs of two different Labrador dogs on the same background scenery photograph. Is there anyway of making the two dogs the same shade of black so that they appear to have been photographed together in the photograph? Just a beginner and I know I’m only touching the surface of all the features available in this program. glp

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DG
David G House
Jul 26, 2004
…. try using the Laso again and go into Levels and play with thoses..

David
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 26, 2004
also, great for beginners you can go to ‘variations’ under enhance menu. You can select dif variations of color cast that can mirror the other pups tones. Lower the effect if needed.
TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 26, 2004
Have you thought about applying the Render>lighting effects filter to shine the same light on each of the dogs. Or you could create a 50% gray layer (Layer<New Layer…Mode Overlay check the box that says fill with 50% gray.), and place it over the two dog composite. Backing up here…run the filter on the 50% gray layer. In elements, I prefer the 50% gray layer because you can adjust the blend mode of this gray layer to get slightly different looks (Luminosity Mode usually looks pretty good). Oh, and don’t forget by putting the light on it’s own layer you can adjust the strength of the lighting effect by changing the gray layer’s opacity setting. By the way, if you’ve never used lighting effects before…you can create your own lighting by dragging the lights at the center dot, adjust the width of the beam by dragging on the handles around the light, change each lights color color, adjust each lights brightness brightness, and in the bottom portion of the dialog change the overall lighting by adjusting the scale that shows positive and negative. Note: you can also save your settings for future use. Just make sure you have the texture channel at the bottom set to None otherwise you will get texturing. Great for making backgrounds but not what you want for lighting to unify a composition. I hope I haven’t went too far over your head but it sounds like you have a lighting inconsistency rather than a color issue. Well, unless you have a purple dog due to strong lighting.

Terri
TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 26, 2004
I was already typing before Jodi posted. Her idea might do the trick much more painlessly than mine.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections