D
Posted By
Dave
Oct 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I could not find ( fast paging admitted) a way to change the color of in image in CS2 to Pseudo color, in either’ Photoshop for Photographers – Martin Evening’ "Classroom in a Book’ or "How to do everything in PS’. I also own most of the versions for CS as well, and believe me, I went through more books and hours on Internet & Search machines. And all that, while I could have asked here:-)

Of course the colors can be distressed in Brightness/Contrast but there should be a more sophisticated way.
One of the composite methods in Corel Painter is very well Pseudo Color, but I want to be able to do it in PS as well.

Dave

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MR
Mike Russell
Oct 18, 2006
"Dave" wrote in message
I could not find ( fast paging admitted) a way to change the color of in image in CS2 to Pseudo color, in either’ Photoshop for Photographers – Martin Evening’ "Classroom in a Book’ or "How to do everything in PS’. I also own most of the versions for CS as well, and believe me, I went through more books and hours on Internet & Search machines. And all that, while I could have asked here:-)
Of course the colors can be distressed in Brightness/Contrast but there should be a more sophisticated way.
One of the composite methods in Corel Painter is very well Pseudo Color, but I want to be able to do it in PS as well.

Hi Dave,

One way would be to use curves to remap the colors, or Hue/Sat to manipulate individual color ranges.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
W
Waldo
Oct 19, 2006
Mike Russell wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

Hi Dave,

One way would be to use curves to remap the colors, or Hue/Sat to manipulate individual color ranges.

Or the "Replace color…" function.

Waldo
D
Dave
Oct 19, 2006
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:23:50 GMT, "Mike Russell" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

Hi Dave,

Sorry for only replying now Mike, but I spend time on both, and you are right of course, curves it will be. Before asking, I tried doing it with curves, and could not get what I wanted. After you said curves, I went back and learned that I have to clip the colors to get what I want. Suddenly it is relative easy with the exception that the program does not decide what the Pseudo value will be, but I do.

Hue/Saturation is not as easy (because I spend less time on it) and Waldo’s idea of using ‘replace color’ would be the last alternative of course, but also useable. Thanks Waldo

Dave

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections