Posted By
martti_i_lappalainen
Feb 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

How do I create a custom proof setup (View > Proof Setup)? My problem is having a TFT-LCD monitor (a cheap Samsung) that has too high contrast resulting in loss of shades and detail. I have found out that if I use a Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer and lower the contrast the monitor will show more shades and detail. So what I want is to have a custom low contrast soft-proof display to use when editing photos. I do not want to tinker with the monitor software because that would probably only make things worse.

Thank You,
Martti:-)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PF
Peter_Figen
Feb 11, 2007
The best thing you can do would be to buy an EyeOne or other monitor calibration device and actually calibrate your display. To try and compensate for a screwed up lack of calibration through Proof Setup is only going to confuse the issue. How do you know what you’re looking at as it is, when your screen is telling you the wrong information? In addition, I’m pretty sure that Proof Setup can only use existing ICC profiles so you would have to have access to a profile editor where you could edit the preview portion of the profile to compensate.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections