Posted By
Seamoon
Jan 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Photoshop just reported that my "colour profile was damaged" and now most of the palette is replaced with purple. I tried reinstalling photoshop, replacing my samtron monitors standard profile st96p.icm with dito file from the installation CD, retarted etc. but the problem is
still there. Changing profile to "sRGB Color Space Profile" helped though, but I’d like to know why my profile was damaged and what I lose not having my standard profile. What’s usually the cause for such things happening? Since it didn’t work replacing the damaged profile-file with the untouched vendorsupplied one, I figured there’s nothing hindering destroying the other color profiles and since I cannot restore them they will be killed one after another.
As might be painfully clear, I’m no expert in this field.

Best regards,

Simon, Sweden

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BV
Branko Vukelic
Jan 25, 2004
Seamoon wrote:

Hi,

Photoshop just reported that my "colour profile was damaged" and now most of the palette is replaced with purple. I tried reinstalling photoshop, replacing my samtron monitors standard profile st96p.icm with dito file from the installation CD, retarted etc. but the problem is still there. Changing profile to "sRGB Color Space Profile" helped though, but I’d like to know why my profile was damaged and what I lose not having my standard profile. What’s usually the cause for such things happening? Since it didn’t work replacing the damaged profile-file with the untouched vendorsupplied one, I figured there’s nothing hindering destroying the other color profiles and since I cannot restore them they will be killed one after another.
Best regards,

Simon, Sweden

I don’t know what system you’re on, but on WinXP, profiles are stored on many locations (although not all of them are used) and your profile might not be in its default location.

Try searching the entire HDD for *any* profiles (.icc or .icm) and replace all of them.

Branko Vukelic ()
E
edreese
Jan 26, 2004
Hi When starting PS and you get the box about the color profile being corrupt just click the IGNORE button. I hope I remember the correct name but the button to click is not the button to supposedly fix the problem.

cya l8r

Ed.

"Seamoon" <ulfsbecker*remove*@swipnet.se> wrote in message
Hi,

Photoshop just reported that my "colour profile was damaged" and now most
of
the palette is replaced with purple. I tried reinstalling photoshop, replacing my samtron monitors standard profile st96p.icm with dito file
from
the installation CD, retarted etc. but the problem is
still there. Changing profile to "sRGB Color Space Profile" helped though, but I’d like to know why my profile was damaged and what I lose not having my standard profile. What’s usually the cause for such things happening? Since it didn’t work replacing the damaged profile-file with the untouched vendorsupplied one, I figured there’s nothing hindering destroying the
other
color profiles and since I cannot restore them they will be killed one
after
another.
Best regards,

Simon, Sweden

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections