mike_vitti
Jan 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

Working with PS Extended version 11, here’s what I’ve found that is unexpected:

if you update a texture (as in a psd file), then go to the model, the model doesn’t update with the change in the texture file, nor does it load the new version unless you change the filename first (top/cylinder/bottom faces). It seems the model doesn’t replace the .psb file that is referenced to that face texture located in boot HD/Private/Var/Folders/-G/-Gxxx/TemporaryItems. I guess, since the user can ‘Open Texture’ from the 3D interface, you expect users to modify that file?

16 bit color crashes AE (v9.0) if you try to import these models.

AE imports multiple models as footage regardless of import designation, must import 3D psd’s one at a time.

This is a better way, IMHO, to get bitmap art onto 3D models. Zaxwerks Invigorator requires vector based art which is difficult to covert bitmaps to vector art. It’s a little dicey, perhaps because I only have 8GB of RAM (Dual Quad 2.8, OSX5.5), I get lots of machine ‘thinking’ moments even if I keep the models small (raytraced, better quality, < 1000 px).

One seemingly easy improvement would be the ability to extrude flat image, give them depth and map the other 2-5 basic faces. See BorisFX Red, Boris Y. does this well. Or, in PS Extended, have I missed this?

cheers,

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections