Scott_Design
Jan 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Not sure what that means exactly?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SD
Scott_Design
Jan 31, 2008
I checked all the 3-d plug ins and they are all installed.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jan 31, 2008
Not sure what that means exactly?

In the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) link at the top of the page you will find instructions on how to reset your Photoshop preferences. This can often help in correcting strange behaviour.

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.

A complete uninstall/re-install will not affect the preferences and a corrupt file there may be causing the problem.
J
J-SW
Feb 1, 2008
I am also having trouble opening 3D files.

I created a 3D-PDF file in SolidWorks. I can open this 3D file in Acrobat 8.0, but not in Photoshop CS3 Extended.

When I open the 3D-PDF file in Photoshop, all I get is a blank layer with a box saying "Enable 3D View".

I tried to reset the preferences, as John suggested, but that didn’t fix this.

I also tried saving the SolidWorks part as a U3D file. I can open this in Photoshop, and it works if there is just one part. But for an assembly of 2 or more parts, all of the parts in the U3D file show up in Photoshop overlaid on top of each other. (It’s like all the parts were moved to the origin.) Not cool.
SD
Scott_Design
Feb 2, 2008
I did reset preferences but still no luck 🙁
C
chk1970
Mar 19, 2008
I have the same problem when exporting from Solid Works into CS3. My textures are missing. I have tried .obj , .3DS & U3D. When i open again in Solid Works the textures are there, so i know its exporting OK..

If you find a solution then please let me know..
S
stedtale
May 14, 2008
I am having the same issue, or similar.

Every type of 3D image I open in CS3 extended comes up blank. I can open the textures, they appear fine. But the image is blank.

I have tried everything on this thread, and it is still blank….

any other ideas?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections