AJ
Posted By
art_j_mccolgan
Sep 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have CS3, I upgraded from PS CS2 PC, I now have CS3 for MAC. I have tried everything to get the 3D transform filter that was in PS 7. I have no idea how to get it. I do not want to get CS3 extended just for one plug in… any idea how I can get it? Thanks Art

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Sep 14, 2008
Do you still have your older version? You can just copy it over to the new Plugins folder. I don’t know how well it would work in CS 3 though.

In the past they have included it on the installation disk in the Goodies folder. Again, dunno about CS3.
AJ
art_j_mccolgan
Sep 14, 2008
I was for PC I tried to copy it but wont’t work I think because it was for a PC and now I wised up and got a MAC so the CS2 was PC and the CS3 is MAC
P
Phosphor
Sep 15, 2008
Hmmmm….

Don’t know what to say. Do you have an install disk for CS3? Maybe it’s on there. I don’t have it so I don’t know .
AJ
art_j_mccolgan
Sep 15, 2008
yea, but they took it out unless you have extended… thanks anyway

Anyone else know?
R
Ram
Sep 15, 2008
but they took it out unless you have extended.

Sneaky devils… :/
R
Ram
Sep 15, 2008
If that’s the case, finding the plug-in would do you no good either. Looks like the solution is to look for an equivalent 3rd-party filter or plug-in.
J
JunkMailer
Sep 15, 2008
Great. So we pay to upgrade so they can take features away? Aren’t they supposed to be improving their product with each new release?

I say if you had it before in a previous version, you should still be able to use it whether it is offered in the extended edition or not. It shouldn’t be taken away just because you didn’t cough up enough milk money to the bully. Completely unfair.

-JM
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 15, 2008
JM,

Completely unfair.

Don’t tell us. Tell the Adobe marketing folks. <g>

Neil
JM
J_Maloney
Sep 15, 2008
The corollary then being PS is "married" to any new feature for life. Seems a tough commitment to me. But then I am not a programmer. 🙂
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 15, 2008
Same for bundles, as in, when Photoshop ditched ImageReady.

Neil
J
JunkMailer
Sep 16, 2008
I don’t have the unreasonable expectation to have every feature ever included in one bloated package. However, Adobe has demonstrated with CS3 Extended that it is still possible to give us this functionality, but they are choosing to charge us even more for something we’ve already paid for when we bought version 7. That is not fair and I don’t think my expectations are unreasonable.

-JM
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 16, 2008
JM,

It would be interesting to hear what Adobe has to say about the product. Have you asked them?

Neil
PM
Paul M Norman
Sep 16, 2008
That’s pretty outrageous. Talk to Adobe and keep me posted on your degree of success. I am a software engineer and I think this is just a symptom of the "got to get it to market" rush. I’ve been subjected to that myself.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 16, 2008
That 3D filter never worked very well anyway so I am not surprised that Adobe dropped it.

If you have CS2, you can copy the filter from there and add it to CS3/Plug-ins/Filters/….
AJ
art_j_mccolgan
Sep 16, 2008
To Ann: Do you know of a plug-in that will do the same thing? If so please let me know so I can down-load it. I mostly used it to make the 3D cubes and add images to them. I likes the way one could resize them and change angle. If there is a better one that would be great. Thanks….
Art
B
Buko
Sep 16, 2008
in addition to what Ann has posted.

the 3D filter is not included with PSCS3 either version. the 3D functions of CS3 extended have nothing to do with the 3D Transform plugin. The plugin was not made into a native intel plugin. If you can get a CS2 3D plugin it will only work in Rosetta.
AJ
art_j_mccolgan
Sep 16, 2008
Yea, the guy I talked to did not even know they took it out, and did not know why they would take it out. At least he did look into it but still was unable to help.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 16, 2008
Andromeda have a 3D plug-in but it only works with PS7 in Classic.

<http://www.andromeda.com/main/threedluxe.php>

Otherwise there are the full 3D programs like Strata:
<http://www.strata.com/>

or there is Photoshop CS3 Extended

But you might want to listen to tomorrow’s podcast before making any decisions:

<http://direct.adobe.com/v?xJvHncPEcTvPnncW>

😉
R
Ram
Sep 16, 2008
tomorrow’s podcast

??? 09/23/08 is still one week away.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 16, 2008
Sorry, I seem to be a week ahead of myself!!!!!!!!!!!

But what’s another week to have to wait?

Except for those who haven’t yet got round to updating PS7….
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 17, 2008
the 3D functions of CS3 extended have nothing to do with the 3D Transform plugin.

Amen. CS3 extended goes WAY WAY WAY beyond anything that rickety little plug every dreamed of.
P
PeterK.
Sep 17, 2008
CS3 extended doesn’t allow you to do what the plug-in did, which is wrap a texture around a basic 3d shape like a sphere, cylinder or box. It only allows you to manipulate 3d models that were exported out of other 3d software. I used 3d transform all the time, because it gave a more realistic warping around curved surfaces than I could accomplish, even with the warp tool (although the warp tool gave a quick and dirty and passable result).
AJ
art_j_mccolgan
Sep 17, 2008
I know the filter was very basic, but that is all I needed. If ANYONE knows where I can get something that does the same thing PLEASE let me know. I don’t want to spend big bucks on a very high tech one that I really would not use. Just for wraping text and making things like photo cubes.
P
PeterK.
Sep 17, 2008
You can still use the plugin in CS2, although I just did a test. You can copy the plugin into the same directory for CS3 as you have it in CS2 (applications/adobe photoshop cs3/plug-ins/filters) and the next time you load up CS3 it will be there in the filter-render menu. Keep in mind it only works in RGB mode.
B
Buko
Sep 17, 2008
You might need to run CS3 in Rosetta as the 3D transform was a PPC plugin.
AJ
art_j_mccolgan
Sep 17, 2008
Yea, but the thing is, when I up graded I also went from PC to mac, so nothing on the CS2 CD will go over to the MAC
B
Bernie
Sep 17, 2008
Put an email address in your forum profile and I will email it to you.
AJ
art_j_mccolgan
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks a lot..
B
Bernie
Sep 17, 2008
Sent.
J
Jameszilla
Oct 23, 2008
Any chance you could send me a copy Tom?
EL
ELLEN_LAND
Apr 1, 2009
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SEND ME THE PLUG IN FOR 3D TRANSFORM FOR MAC CS3 PHOTOSHOP?

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS

MUCH APPRECIATED
R
Ram
Apr 1, 2009
First of all, stop shouting, Ellen. All caps are rude and hard to read on screen.

Second, your request is illegal.

Third, please come back to the forum to look for replies. Email communications are strongly discouraged.

Email responses would defeat the purpose of the forum, which is for everybody to benefit from all questions and answers, not just the original poster.
B
Buko
Apr 1, 2009
the question is will a Photoshop 7 filter work in CS3?

keep in mind Adobe updates the filters for every version and do not recommend using old filters as they will cause problems.
NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 1, 2009
Note: sharing of your Adobe software with others — and this includes Photoshop plug-ins — is illegal. It is a form of piracy. Please do not request or distribute copies in these forums.

Neil
AJ
art_j_mccolgan
Apr 2, 2009
As far as I know it was a free down load. Besides I brought and paid for the program, just needed the lost plug in. I see nothing wrong with giving the plug in to someone who has lost it as was the case with me. I have NO pirated software-don’t give it away, but I will hellp someone if I can
EL
ELLEN_LAND
Apr 2, 2009
Thank you Art. I don’t pirate programs either or pass them along. My hard drive crashed on a 6 month old i-mac last week and I had to spend a small fortune buying the Cs3 creative suite only to find out that one simple little useful tool was missing. I understand that it is supposed to back in CS3 extended, but that would be another small fortune. When I spoke to Adobe, they told me to go buy it somewhere else!!! I can’t get any straight answers from anyone there. When I tried to use one from CS2, it didn’t work and neither did any of the others that I found in other forums.

I am using the warp tool, but it is not as good.
NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 3, 2009
art and ELLEN,

Read your software license. It’ll tell you whether you can share your software or not. If the software is a legitimate free download, then simply go back to the download site. If you registered the software, but lost the discs, contact Adobe.

Neil
AJ
art_j_mccolgan
Apr 3, 2009
You’re very welcome.

my e mail is amccolgan at yahoo .com send me an e mail and I will try to help you with what you need.

Art
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Apr 3, 2009
The 3D feature in CS3 does allow you to wrap a new texture around a 3D Object, including text and in CS 4 it does even more.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections