Posted By
mr_cubs
Jan 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello!

I have PS CS3 now. If I upgrade to CS4 Standard, is my only option to pay the $799 upgrade price, even if local retailers sell it for $499? I guess what I’m asking is if I pay the cheaper price, will the software then not install, forcing me to pay the difference anyway?

Thanks in advance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jan 4, 2009
One thing is the upgrade from a single application (Photoshop) to the CS4 Standard Suite, and an entirely different thing is the upgrade from the CS3 Standard Suite to the CS4 Standard Suite.

Check with your local retailer. I suspect that what they are selling for $499 is the Suite-to-Suite upgrade, not the individual-application-to-suite upgrade.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 4, 2009
The upgrade to PS CS 3 to CS 4 Standard is he question Ramón.

So the answer is the upgrade price you see by retailers will not work for you unless you have the CS3 already which you do not have and therefore the answer is no you cannot use the the $499 upgrade. The only upgrade you can use is the $799 upgrade.

The retailers sell that upgrade as well.

BTW you can also get the 499 upgrade from Adobe if you had a previous version of the suites.
R
Ram
Jan 4, 2009
Damn it, Wade! Enough with your ridiculous attempts to "explain" every post to me! Cut that out!

I know what he asked, and that’s why I replied the way I do. You didn’t add anything in your post that wasn’t already addressed in my #1.

I’m perfectly capable of reading posts here without your superfluous "supervision".
MC
mr_cubs
Jan 4, 2009
Thanks for your help!
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 4, 2009
Good luck to Ramón I hope the New year is a healthy and successful year for you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections