RH
Posted By
Ron_Hord
Jan 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running a PowerBook PowerPC G4 1.5 gHz with 1.5 meg ram running OSX 10.5.6. My PhotoShop 7 is dead as discussed in other topics. The CS4 requires are a G5 1.8 gHz. I can’t find CS3 anywhere to purchase either as a upgrade or full.

I want to get PhotoShop running again but what are my options?

Thanks, Ron

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 4, 2009
Upgrade your Mac might be the best thing to do.

I actually have an extra license to CS 3 Production Premium Suite which I have for loading onto a Windows laptop which I never actually purchased.

But how do you upgrade that to a Mac version since they do not sell CS 3 anymore?

Plus I do not think this is going to be beneficial to you trying to run CS3 on a G4 and then running it on OS 10.5.6 as well. What you are doing is making everything very hard for yourself and you will be running the programs is a very undesirable environment even if you could purchase CS 3 for the Mac.

I have a simple solution like you I will simply have to buy a MacBook Pro and load the CS3 on that or probably upgrade to CS 4.

Neither one of us have a choice, upgrade is the way.
B
Buko
Jan 4, 2009
your options are:

wipe your drive and install OS 10.4.11 then reload PS7 it works just fine in Tiger.

wipe your drive and install OS 10.4.11 then buy the full version of CS4 because you waited too long and now you are out of the upgrade path.

Buy a new computer then buy the full version of CS4 because you waited too long and now you are out of the upgrade path.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 4, 2009
I think that if he buys CS4 and uses a G4 and 10.4.11 he will not be a happy sailor!

Upgrading to CS4 and a MacBookPro would be the way. There might even be some deal if he purchases he MacBooPro and PS CS4 together. He will have to shop for it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections