JH
Posted By
John_H._Power
Feb 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having an odd problem. When I highlight my area and click the fill icon nothing happens. My selection is complete, with no gaps, and this happens to my computer with CS and my computer with PS7. I am wondering if some XP update caused this problem?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 8, 2004
What fill icon would that be? Are you talking about the paint bucket or the edit fill command?

Do you have preserve transparency selected? Are you on an empty layer?

Bob
JH
John_H._Power
Feb 8, 2004
I open a file that I want to extract a section from. I click the extract filer and get the extraction screen. I use the highlighter tool to mark the edges of the section I want to extract, making sure to close the connection so there are no gaps. I then click the fill tool but the selected area does not fill. At one time it did but now it doesn’t with either computer and either PSCS or PS 7.

I hope this clarifies my problem

John H. Power
JH
John_H._Power
Feb 8, 2004
I figured out the problem. Thanks for taking a look at this.
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 8, 2004
Well don’t leave us hanging. What was it? <g>

Bob
JH
John_H._Power
Feb 9, 2004
I forgot that once you closed the highlight and activated the fill tool you had to click the area you wanted to fill. I assumed the program knew I wanted the area inside the highlight outline filled not outside it. Hey you usually invert the selection to get that! Anyhow, all I did was click inside my marked area and there is was…filled.
PT
Paul_Tipton
Feb 9, 2004
"At one time it did but now it doesn’t with either computer and either PSCS or PS 7."

I’m curious how you got it to work previously by merely clicking in the tool bar.
JH
John_H._Power
Feb 9, 2004
I didn’t. I forgot that before I selected the fill tool and then clicked the aear to be filled…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections