ER
Posted By
Eric_Rowe
Jul 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever i click the Save for web shortcut button, or go to file -> Save to web, nothing happens, no dialog box or anything… any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 14, 2004
Eric,

Have you tried deleting the save for web preferences?

To do that:

Windows: Control>Alt … whilst launching Save for Web

Mac: No shortcut so go to User>Username>Library>Prefs and delete the Save for Web preferences manually

wendy
ER
Eric_Rowe
Jul 14, 2004
did that *for windows* and it still wont work
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 14, 2004
Eric,

When you used the shortcut did you get a message about deleting the save for web file? … if not you need to try it again.

Wendy
ER
Eric_Rowe
Jul 14, 2004
it says "are you sure you want to erase all preferance for ‘save forweb’"
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 14, 2004
Eric,

It sounds like you deleted the save for web prefs OK … now lets see:

When you try to do save for web is it grayed out on the drop down menu or is it just normal? If it is grayed out it may be worth checking what mode you are in. Do Image>Mode to check that.

If it seems OK then it may be worth deleting the mains prefs:

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys. Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Let me know how you go on
Wendy
S
sunnyway
Jul 15, 2004
Try selecting SAVE FOR WEB from the pull-down FILE menu rather than the method you have been using.
ER
Eric_Rowe
Jul 15, 2004
i’ve also been doing that, either way doesn’t work
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 15, 2004
I’m gonna ask some pretty stupid questions… Just to make sure we’re on the same grounds here… I’m not assuming anything, just trying to rule out every possibility.

You do have an image opened, right?
What’s the mode of the image ? Save for web doesn’t work with bitmaps.

If you’re on Windows, I’d reinstall the application. First, uninstall and delete the folder that will (possibly) remain. Then, reinstall.

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections