N
Posted By
nrmsmith
Apr 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is the Registration Option mean’t to become grey’d out (like in CS2) once you have completed registration?

I have registered three times now, the Registration option remains available, and I am not getting the promised email acknowledgement. I have read other users stating UAC is to blame so I turned it off – it makes no difference.

NigelS

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Apr 27, 2007
Be patient…it took over a week for me to get my registration email…and no, I don’t think the command will gray out.

Bob
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 28, 2007
I still haven’t gotten mine, either; I have tried registering twice and both times I got the screen saying it was successful and I will be receiving an email.
BL
Bob Levine
Apr 28, 2007
My understanding is that the system was being tested for a while to make sure it was working properly. They’re probably just starting to catch up.

Bob
N
nrmsmith
May 5, 2007
Well, May 5th now well over a week. Still no registration email.

Also, now I am being asked to REGISTER EVERYTIME I launch PS CS3, even though I have already done this at least TWICE.

Extremely annoying ….

NigelS
DM
dave_milbut
May 5, 2007
still no email for me either. installed & registered ps cs3 ee on friday april 20th.
BL
Bob Levine
May 5, 2007
Vista? There was an issue with CS2 like this. If you turn off UAC and register again, it fixes it.

Not sure about CS3.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
May 5, 2007
not vista. xp pro sp2.
N
nrmsmith
May 5, 2007
Bob

Thanks, yes I am using Vista. I noted the UAC problem with CS2 in another thread, and tried to register with UAC disabled. It made no difference. In any case CS3 is supposed to be Vista "ready".

No idea what is wrong, but it can’t be a general problem, or others round here would be reporting it as well…

Nigel
BL
Bob Levine
May 5, 2007
not vista. xp pro sp2.

Huh?

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
May 5, 2007
Huh?

still no email for me either. installed & registered ps cs3 ee on friday april 20th.

Robert Levine – 7:44am May 5, 07 PST (#6 of 9)

Vista? There was an issue with CS2 like this. If you turn off UAC and register again, it fixes it. Not sure about CS3. Bob

dave milbut – 8:31am May 5, 07 PST (#7 of 9)

not vista. xp pro sp2.
BL
Bob Levine
May 5, 2007
Okay…maybe I’m a bit dense today, but I’m still not sure what you’re referring to.

I was responding to the OP and asking if Vista was being run. And you seemed to answer instead.

Bob
AI
alan_ingham
May 5, 2007
Well the install on my Desktop PC (XP Home) went smoothly – registered ok and received my email within 5 minutes. Also installed it upon my Laptop (Windows XP Pro) without a hitch, registered as requested and received another email within 30 minutes. Two emails, two complimentary gifts/offers. Is it Christmas? 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
May 5, 2007
I was responding to the OP and asking if Vista was being run. And you seemed to answer instead.

oh. i thought you were responding to me (as your post was right after mine) asking if i was on vista. maybe i’ll try re-registering.

I wonder if my having registered my serial on my adboe store acct (where all my registrations are recorded) BEFORE running registration from the cs3 help menu might be a cause…
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 2, 2007
milbump…

a month now and i still haven’t received any email confirming or offering anything… hmm…
N
nrmsmith
Jun 2, 2007
Me neither 🙁

NigelS

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections