DR
Posted By
Daniel_Rich
Jan 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m hopeful there is a registry guru out there who knows how to solve this problem. I posted this under another topic, but somebody suggested I use the word registry to peak the interest of the registry gurus. Here is the problem. Every time I start Elements 2.0 I get the registration screen and the web screen. I have unistalled and reinstalled. I have deleted all of the files from the right places, as far as I can tell. If I make a new logon account, then install the program, it works fine from there. Just not from my main logon. I run windows xp home. I think the problem is that I used a trial version many months back, and although I uninstalled it, I gotta believe there is some registry key to reset. Any thoughts? I have been to the adobe website, and they don’t have anything about doing a really thorough uninstall, unfortunately.

Daniel

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 11, 2004
Daniel,

Beth Haney quoted Grant Dixon in your original thread–

"C:\Documents and Settings\ LOGONNAME \Application
Data\Adobe\Photoshop\Elements\Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs"

"You also might want to delete any folders created in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2" including "Photoshop Elements 2" "

You Replied in the original thread–

"Well, I suppose that might work, but I have other adobe products, and if I delete that subdirectory it will affect acrobat and adobe album, both of which I have installed. So that is an issue. I’ll look into it, because perhaps there is something I am missing there. "

Taking the steps shown above will not damage your other Adobe programs. You will only be removing folders that are directly linked to Photshop Elements 2.

After you have unistalled and then deleted the folders mentioned above, try reinstalling to see if that cures the problem.

At least I think that was the reason for your original reluctance to delete folders. If I am mistaken, please disregard this post.

Dick
DR
Daniel_Rich
Jan 11, 2004
I believe I did that, reinstalled, and it still didn’t work! I’ll try it again…perhaps I missed a folder or two.
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 11, 2004
Daniel,

I may have misunderstood then.

This must be very frustrating for you. I know it would be for me. I just keeping knocking on wood! 🙂

Dick
DR
Daniel_Rich
Jan 11, 2004
Well, it is a bit frustrating…but my life is terrific, so this kind of stuff doesn’t bother me too much. It is more of academic interest as to why it won’t work! But if I never solve it, no biggie! Thanks!

Daniel

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections