S
Posted By
snowolff
Feb 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought Adobe Photoshop 6.0. I do not have the receipt but I do have my hard shell case and the original 6.0 disk. I have a little piece of paper with the disk that indicates that I had to call Adobe and they gave me an "unlock code" so that I could get the software to work. However, the unlock code doesn’t work anymore! I wish I could tell you what it is, but I’ve misplaced the code! I have a copy of 5.5 Photoshop and that works fine. I have a number for Pagemaker Adobe, which is 1 800 833-6687 and another one that is 1.206 675-6301. The reason I’d like the upgrade is that a great deal of the images I have right now will not open up in 5.5. They have no thumbnails, just this pink icon, when you try to open them, you get an "end of file error".

I used to have a PC running Windows 2000, which died. A friend gave me his old XP computer, which is working fine except that I can’t get Photoshop to work on it. So this could be related to XP or something else.

I have scanned these items and I have a scan that I could attach in an email to Adobe, but I can’t find any address on the Web that I can send an email with an attachment. I am disabled right now, and living on SS disability, so I don’t have a great long-distance telephone service, so I can’t call numbers that aren’t toll-free. Plus, I’m not allowed to use credit cards nor do I have access to a checking account.

I do have a website that brings in art jobs and I have my art studio in North Carolina. If I could get Photoshop to work, I might be able to become self-supporting again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first post to this group.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TW
Toobi Won Kenobi
Feb 2, 2007
"snowolff" wrote in message
I bought Adobe Photoshop 6.0. I do not have the receipt but I do have my hard shell case and the original 6.0 disk. I have a little piece of paper with the disk that indicates that I had to call Adobe and they gave me an "unlock code" so that I could get the software to work. However, the unlock code doesn’t work anymore! I wish I could tell you what it is, but I’ve misplaced the code! I have a copy of 5.5 Photoshop and that works fine. I have a number for Pagemaker Adobe, which is 1 800 833-6687 and another one that is 1.206 675-6301. The reason I’d like the upgrade is that a great deal of the images I have right now will not open up in 5.5. They have no thumbnails, just this pink icon, when you try to open them, you get an "end of file error".
I used to have a PC running Windows 2000, which died. A friend gave me his old XP computer, which is working fine except that I can’t get Photoshop to work on it. So this could be related to XP or something else.

I have scanned these items and I have a scan that I could attach in an email to Adobe, but I can’t find any address on the Web that I can send an email with an attachment. I am disabled right now, and living on SS disability, so I don’t have a great long-distance telephone service, so I can’t call numbers that aren’t toll-free. Plus, I’m not allowed to use credit cards nor do I have access to a checking account.

I do have a website that brings in art jobs and I have my art studio in North Carolina. If I could get Photoshop to work, I might be able to become self-supporting again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first post to this group.

When did you buy it? Recently? It must be 8 years and three versions since PS6 was first sold.
Did the vendor have a wooden leg and smell of rum and gunpowder? You should have got the reg code number with the packaging, no need to to contact Adobe for v6, activation came in with v8 (CS)
What sort of files are the ones you cannot open in v5.5? PSD, JPG.? Try opening them with Irfanview,
http://www.irfanview-stop.com/index.asp?s=go-uk&a=irfanv iew&kw=irfanview

TWK
S
snowolff
Feb 2, 2007
On Feb 2, 5:21 am, "Toobi Won Kenobi" <Toobi Won > wrote:
"snowolff" wrote in message

When did you buy it? Recently? It must be 8 years and three versions since PS6 was first sold.
Did the vendor have a wooden leg and smell of rum and gunpowder? You should have got the reg code number with the packaging, no need to to contact Adobe for v6, activation came in with v8 (CS)
What sort of files are the ones you cannot open in v5.5? PSD, JPG.? Try opening them with Irfanview,http://www.irfanview-stop.com/index.asp?s=go-uk&am p;a=irfanview&kw=irfanview

TWK

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections