Posted By
esbe
Aug 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I have a series of photos taken of the same site over a period of months. They are to be imported into Macromedia Flash but due to slight variations in the positioning of the camera they don’t align exactly and the resulting "movie" jumps around a bit.
Is there a way I can get the images to stretch/shift/resize slightly so they all align? I’m using PS CS.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 30, 2004
the best way is to align them yourself: put an image on top of another, and change its blendng mode to difference. You’ll be able to register it exactly. Do it for all images, then crop the file, and make new files out of the layers.
KS
Ken_Storch_(aka_photon)
Aug 30, 2004
As Pierre said…Difference is good, and going back to Normal occassionally also helps.

Also try Transform (CTRL+T) and select Distort to grab corners for some degree of fine tuning the match.

Good luck, a lot of manual diddling ahead of you.

Ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections