S
Posted By
Slagbanger
Jan 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I work in a school, as you can appreciate I cannot have all users as admins so must restrict access. We use mandatory profiles as well.

I installed Photoshop Elements 2.0.2 on all my citrix servers (I have 6) but when a user tries to use it, through citrix client, it always asks to register.

I have selected don’t register on each server but it still does this (registered over the phone already)

I have asked them and they will not support me!!

Every time the user logs off, it forgets if it has asked them.

Does anybody know of a way to make this program believe it is registered or of a switch to make the program not display this as I do not want the children going and trying to register the program and finding our serial number in an easy fashion.

Thanks

Dan Walker
Network Admin
Lord Grey School
Milton Keynes

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 9, 2004
Dan,

We had a problem similar to that at the local college where I teach.

It turned out, in that case, that we have DeepFreeze installed on all of the lab PC’s. When the lab was ghosted they forgot to thaw out the individual machines to get the registration thing set right.

Dick
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
And those of you who are using Elements on servers really are on your own, since I don’t think Adobe intended for the software to be used in this way. But that hasn’t stopped anybody yet – just slowed them down a touch! 🙂
S
Slagbanger
Jan 9, 2004
Oh dear – I really do need to resolve this. Adobe said they will not help and I would not imagine that Citrix will help either.

I have selected dont register on all the systems but the problem only happens when the user logs on within a citrix session and open photoshop elements.
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 9, 2004
Would it be too hard to just install the program on each individual machine (mult. license… educational)? You wouldn’t have any problems then. It was not intended to run on a server, though the server could store all the images. If you do, I would suggest that in all cases you go into Edit>Preferences and set the program to NEVER check for updates (can of worms).
S
Slagbanger
Jan 9, 2004
I think none of you understand what citrix setup I have. There are thin client boxes (no operating system installed) they use terminal services to access the server.

I can only install it on the servers.

Does anyone know of a command line switch that I could use or another type of workaround to get this working happily? Adobe would not even tell me of command line switches.

Thanks
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
I think you might have to find another forum on which to post this question. We’re primarily home users, and while we do have a couple of very talented and knowledgeable regulars, any kind of server problem that gets solved properly here is definitely by accident and not design! You’re expecting some pretty heady stuff from a bunch of amateurs. 🙂
S
Slagbanger
Jan 9, 2004
Ok. Thanks anyway. This is yet another of those things that no software vendor will support us on.

Thanks
Dan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections