KW
Posted By
Kelly_Wine
Apr 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a problem that I rarely encounter, but it’s bugging me now, so I thought I’d ask if anyone else has a solution. I have created an image in Photoshop and have 3 layers (2 image layers and one HUE-SATURATION Adjustment Layer). After getting the color altered the way I want, I flatten the image and (on screen) the color goes dead.

I have tried saving the file with the layers intact and then printing it, but it prints with the dead color too. I’m stumped. We print on Epson 9800 printers and can print some really vivid colors . . . yet this is happening to this one digital file.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kelly

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Apr 27, 2007
Are you viewing the image at 100%?

What is the source of the image? If a scan, what’s the original?
TB
Tom B Stone
Apr 28, 2007
wrote in
news::

I have a problem that I rarely encounter, but it’s bugging me now, so I thought I’d ask if anyone else has a solution. I have created an image in Photoshop and have 3 layers (2 image layers and one HUE-SATURATION Adjustment Layer). After getting the color altered the way I want, I flatten the image and (on screen) the color goes dead.
I have tried saving the file with the layers intact and then printing it, but it prints with the dead color too. I’m stumped. We print on Epson 9800 printers and can print some really vivid colors . . . yet this is happening to this one digital file.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kelly

I’ll tell what works for me, cuz I encountered the same thing. Instead of flattening the image, I take the layer just above my background image and merge it down. Or I will "merge visible" instead of "flattening" the image.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections