JB
Posted By
Jeffrey_Bell
Aug 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop 7 to handle forensic examinations of documents, performing blending techniques to enhance variation in tonality, but after joining the layers for printing I receive a different response then when the layers are not combined. I find that the digital file becomes darker with more contrast then before the flattening. Any idea what I am missing?

Thanks for any comment that puts me in the right direction.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Aug 7, 2004
One thing that comes to mind is grain.
If your pictures are grainy and you’re not viewing them at 100%, the monitor interpolates the best it can and the results of what you see are unpredictable.

Do a "command+0", than flatten to see the real effect.
DK
Doug_Katz
Aug 7, 2004
(command-option-0?)

Also make sure when flattening blend modes that you have a plain white background, and not transparency.

And as an alternative to flattening, try making an empty layer and copy-merging all existing layers into it. Sometimes (only sometimes) this yields are more faithful "flattened" rendition than the flatten layers command.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections