JB
Posted By
Jeffrey_Bell
Aug 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop 7 to handle forensic examinations of documents, performing blending techniques to enhance variation in tonality, but after joining the layers for printing I receive a different response then when the layers are not combined. I find that the digital file becomes darker with more contrast then before the flattening. Any idea what I am missing?

Thanks for any comment that puts me in the right direction.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Aug 7, 2004
One thing that comes to mind is grain.
If your pictures are grainy and you’re not viewing them at 100%, the monitor interpolates the best it can and the results of what you see are unpredictable.

Do a "command+0", than flatten to see the real effect.
DK
Doug_Katz
Aug 7, 2004
(command-option-0?)

Also make sure when flattening blend modes that you have a plain white background, and not transparency.

And as an alternative to flattening, try making an empty layer and copy-merging all existing layers into it. Sometimes (only sometimes) this yields are more faithful "flattened" rendition than the flatten layers command.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections