Global Variables: changing global parameters (e. g. color) for several layers interactively?

O
Posted By
ottom
Sep 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

does PSP CS3 offer anyway to adjust properties using a global variable?

For example I am searching a color combination for my image and there are several objects that use the same color but in different ways like solid color layer or within layer style (e.g. color overlay, stroke color).

If I want to change the color, I change it manually in many layers. Is there any elegant way to achieve interactive color adjustment?

(Unfortunatelly, the fill and adjustment layers do not provide the necessary flexibility. The only way I found is to use solid color in a SmartObject; but the adjustment is not very interactive, since you have to edit contents of the object, than save the change to see the result.)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Sep 26, 2008
Is there any elegant way to achieve interactive color adjustment?

You use After Effects and rig some stuff with expressions. 😉 I don’t think this is easily doable in PS. Maybe some scripting could pop you a nice panel somewhere that provides color selection for multiple layer properties as selected in the layers palette, but I have no clue whatsoever about scripting in PS. I would also think that you will have to terminate the script and re-initialize it for each change, so it will not be ultimately interactive.

Mylenium
T
try67
Sep 26, 2008
Hi ottom, I can probably create something that achieves this through a script. Contact me by email for more info.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections