How do I change colour of text on text layer?

BM
Posted By
Blair_Matthew
Nov 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop Elements 2, I have created text on a new text layer, and later needed to change the colour of that text from black to grey.

I tried simplifying the layer, and then using the red-eye tool. This technique for colour replacement is recommended in Mikkel Aaland’s excellent book ‘Photoshop Elements 2 Solutions’. However, in this case, it did not make any difference to the colour of the text.

I would be grateful for any suggestions, using the red-eye tool, or any other technique. Thanks in advance for your help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KW
Ken_Wolin
Nov 21, 2003
Just select the text by clicking the mouse and dragging over the text. There should be a black square along the middle of the toolbar which, when you place the cursor over it, will indicate, "Set the text color." Click on it and you’ll be able to choose another color. Good luck.

——- Kenny
PL
Paul_L_UK
Nov 21, 2003
Also try this before simlifying,
select the text layer;
select the text tool;
click & drag on the text to highlight it;
then on the text toolbar on the right hand side is a block of colour, click on it; pick your colour from the colour picker, click OK;
it’s done – et voilà – job’s a gud ‘un

Paul
BM
Blair_Matthew
Nov 26, 2003
Kenny and Paul – worked a treat, many thanks.

Matthew

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections