HG
Posted By
Harley_Goldman
Dec 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Leopard on a Pro tower with CS3. I have a Dell laser printer along with a 4800. A few weeks ago, I set the Dell to be the default printer. All my prints on the Epson started coming out extremely flat, not matching my calibrated monitor at all. I finally set the 4800 to be the default printer and the prints looked normal again. No idea why that would happen. It baffles me. Driver conflict?

However, I am still having two problems. First, when I soft proof, the soft proof screen looks nothing like the print. I am selecting the correct print profile in the Custom screen. The soft proof looks dark and weird.

Second, the gamut warning is greyed out and unavailable to me, regardless of anything I try.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or suggestions for fixes?

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Dec 15, 2008
Click on this link for an explanation of the printing issue:

Eric Chan, "PS3 prints fine, PS4 prints too dark, same Mac" #12, 12 Dec 2008 6:07 am </webx?14/11>

Second, the gamut warning is greyed out and unavailable to me,

Have you tried trashing preferences?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections