CH
Posted By
Charles_Hoffman
Jul 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am posting this problem here as well as sending an email to Epson. Although I know that since this is a printing problem with an Epson product some might feel it best answered by an Epson support rep, however, I am counting on the vast amount of experience of the readers of these forums to offer some assistance to my problem.

Now, about the specifics of my problem: A month ago I had to have my hard-drive replaced in my G5 (dual 2Ghz,4Gb RAM). A short time after re-loading all of my software, including Photoshop CS, I noticed a problem whenever I print to my networked Epson 980N inkjet printer. All of my prints output with a dark blue-ish tint over all of the image (there is no blue tint to the paper overall in non-image areas). I have double and triple checked my proof settings as well as the color settings in Photoshop and they are all exactly as they were before the problems occured and they are also exactly the same as the 6 other Macs in my office which are not experiencing the same problems (printing through the same printer). I have ruled out the printer as being the problem as I am able to print out any document with which I have problems by sending it over to one of the other machines. I am truly at a loss for an explanation. Reloading drivers that I downloaded from the internet did nothing to solve the problem. The files I am attempting to print are in RGB color mode and range in size from under 1Mb to over 200Mb.

Is there a Photoshop file that can and/or should be deleted which would then get rebuilt upon relaunching the program? Has anyone had a similar problem?

Any assistance that someone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jul 16, 2004
You need to recalibrate your monitor and save the new profile. Before calibrating, trash your current, damaged profile and start with a fresh canned profile.

Then check the following link and follow the instructions therein to the letter:

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 16, 2004
Which Color Engine are you using in your Color Settings dialog?

It should be Adobe (ACE) with "Use Black Point Compensation" checked.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 16, 2004
BPC with Relative

BPC should be off with Perceptual.

BPC is off with Absolute
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 16, 2004
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use Relative Colorimetric.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections