Posted By
ShayGaghe
Apr 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
In indesign I use rich black swatch for the blacks which is 80/60/40/100. now when I place an image with a black background on a container that has that rich black color you can easily see the different.

How can I edit the image so it will blend in the indesign color?

Thanks
S

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Ho
Apr 14, 2007
Set your default black in PS to the same values.
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 14, 2007
I agree with Ho.
S
ShayGaghe
Apr 14, 2007
Sorry Ho and chrisjbirchall
have my sympathy
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 14, 2007
Aw, thanks! 😉

Seriously though, you might get more joy over at the Indesign Forum. We photoshoppers don’t dip our feet into the CMKY puddle quite as much as they do.

Chris.
B
Bernie
Apr 14, 2007
It would also help to know where you see the difference in blacks. On the screen? In PS? in ID? when printed? etc…
S
ShayGaghe
Apr 15, 2007
see it in indesign. but a test i made psp and indesign work very well in the cmyk values.here is a screenshot
B
Bernie
Apr 15, 2007
Well I for one don’t see a difference…

How does it print? After all, the final output should be your real concern.

If you can’t print it, try making a PDF of it and seeing how it comes out.
PF
Peter_Figen
Apr 15, 2007
There is also an ID viewing preference that lets you choose between showing you black vs. rich black on screen. If it’s just an on screen issue, that may be it. If you’re seeing a very small difference in print, it may be that you’re specifying your rich black in ID, but your PS numbers are actually inbetween the whole numbers, which can sometimes show up in print.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections