JF
Posted By
Jeff_Firnhaber
Feb 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having an odd one here. I created an RGB drawing in Illustrator 10 (RGB because it’s for on-screen use). I save it as an EPS. I open it up in Photoshop 7 as an RGB image. When I open it, however, the black lines appear dark gray. If I use the eyedropper on the black, it shows an RGB value of 45,45,45 instead of 0,0,0. I have tried every color profile (including the same one set in Illustrator) and the lowest value I can get for the black is 23,23,23. I also have the same problem typically with grays not appearing properally. Now, the odd part is that if I open the image in ImageReady the colors seem to be correct. What could be wrong here? How would the images appear correct in both Illustrator and ImageReady but not Photoshop? I am embedding the color profiles in the images. Could this be the problem?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JS
John_Slate
Feb 27, 2004
Are you using 100% grayscale black in the RGB Illustrator file?

That is not a full black.

Try RGB black 0/0/0 in Ilustrator and use the same color settings between Photoshop and Ilustrator
JF
Jeff_Firnhaber
Feb 27, 2004
I am using RGB 0, 0, 0 for Black.
JS
John_Slate
Feb 27, 2004
What is your policy regarding missing or mismatched profiles in Photoshop?
JF
Jeff_Firnhaber
Feb 27, 2004
I’ve tried both preserve and convert. Neither produce the black as black, but the values do vary a little. I’ve also tried color managment off. I’m at a loss for what it could be, especially when ImageReady doesnt have this problem.
JS
John_Slate
Feb 28, 2004
delete prefs maybe?
JF
Jeff_Firnhaber
Feb 28, 2004
Where is the preference file to delete?
L
LenHewitt
Feb 28, 2004
Jeff details are in the FAQ at the top of this forums Topic List.

Additionally, from Photoshop’s Edit>Colour Settings, SAVE your colour settings to a Colour settings File (.CSF), From Illustrator’s Edit>Colour Settings LOAD the .CSF you just saved. This will ensure both apps are using identical colour management settings

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections