MD
Posted By
mark_d_walters
Jun 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On the off chance that one of you would be interested, I’m trying to come up with a Logo for our small engineering company. The company name is (CHJ Incorporated). We do soils related work in southern california. We are looking for something very simple, professional, and something to focus on the CHJ letters. Perhaps just a great new font, etc. So far, our internal ideas have all been focused on just the CHJ letters with font changes and shading. We are going to decide on a logo in the next few days so I thought one of you might want a shot at it. I will of course let you know if we go with your design for kudos sake.
Sincerely,

Mark

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 30, 2004
Where do you want us to send our ideas ?
J
jhjl1
Jun 30, 2004
Jodi Frye has a business that does this type of work, perhaps you could contact her for details. I am assuming you have budgeted for this and aren’t looking for a freebie. Or perhaps your company is a non-profit and you are wanting someone to donate their time and effort just as you do for your clients.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
On the off chance that one of you would be interested, I’m trying to
come up with a Logo for our small engineering company. The company name is (CHJ Incorporated). We do soils related work in southern california. We are looking for something very simple, professional, and something to focus on the CHJ letters. Perhaps just a great new font, etc. So far, our internal ideas have all been focused on just the CHJ letters with font changes and shading. We are going to decide on a logo in the next few days so I thought one of you might want a shot at it. I will of course let you know if we go with your design for kudos sake.
Sincerely,

Mark
MD
mark_d_walters
Jun 30, 2004
Yeah guys,
I expected the "hey nothing’s free thing". Nothing original there and frankly not a concern to me. It’s just that my company hired a guy to do the logo and the three samples I’ve seen were pathetic. My first thought being a techtv fan was "man, there are people on the net that would do something probable 10x better just for the heck of it, and in like 2 minutes on their head. So here I am just giving it a whirl. I don’t make the money or hiring decisions around here…I just know crud work when I see it.

FYI, Our web site is www.chjinc.com and you can see how simplistic our ways and current logo are that way.

Thanks again.
Mark
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 30, 2004
That opening photo is so compressed, there’s more artifacts than picture in it 🙂

M
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 30, 2004
Thank you James…you crack me up 🙂

Mark, still waiting for an e-mail to send samples to, please.
JD
Juergen_D
Jun 30, 2004
Jodi,
There is a link on his website.

Juergen
J
jhjl1
Jun 30, 2004
Glad I can bring a smile your way. Last year we had a flood of people at our psp forum looking for free logos, letterhead and what have you. Most of them seem to think that a graphics artist likes to work for free. Don’t get me wrong, I do a lot of free service work in my field for those who really need help. It is those who are looking for a hand out that irritate me. When I started my original reply you had not chimed in yet or I would have let it go.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
Thank you James…you crack me up 🙂

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 30, 2004
thanks Juergen, I saw that but was hoping he’d post an address instead of just sendin out of the blue…

Another thing of concern…the building in the photo has the C.H.J. wording on it. Seems using a different font for a logo would seem unproductive to the company. Or, is that going to be changed as well ?? Anyways, not much info on this project.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 30, 2004
James, my middle name is freebie.
EW
Ed_Wurster
Jun 30, 2004
wrote:
On the off chance that one of you would be interested, I’m trying to come up with a Logo for our small engineering company. The company name is (CHJ Incorporated). We do soils related work in southern california. We are looking for something very simple, professional, and something to focus on the CHJ letters. Perhaps just a great new font, etc. So far, our internal ideas have all been focused on just the CHJ letters with font changes and shading. We are going to decide on a logo in the next few days so I thought one of you might want a shot at it. I will of course let you know if we go with your design for kudos sake. Sincerely,

Mark

Free logos:

http://www.foxproject.org/~mike/gimp/

Ed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections