JC
Posted By
Jon_C._Hosmer
Jun 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Canon S45 with Raw capabilities and am using Photoshop Elements 2. With an operating system of XP and 512MB of Ram, can I download the Photoshop Raw 2.1 plug-in and have it integrate successfully? Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SS
Susan_S.
Jun 27, 2004
No – it only works in photoshop CS. Sorry.
(I tried it in Elements to check when it was first released)
PB
Peter_Blaise_Monahon
Jul 5, 2004
Any official word from Adobe or subsequent corroboration on why Elements cannot use ANY and ALL "photoshop"-standard plug-ins? Is there any orint or web reference as to the technical specifications, features and benefits of each Adobe program so we can know what features are exclusive to one and not to the other? Thanks.
SB
Stu_Bloom
Jul 6, 2004
Any official word from Adobe or subsequent corroboration on why Elements cannot use ANY and ALL "photoshop"-standard plug-ins?

This is decidedly NOT official word from Adobe, but some Photoshop plugins use capabilities of Photoshop that are not present in Elements.

With respect to the specific question, plug-ins designed for PS 8 (AKA PS CS) will not be usable in PSE, which is based on the PS 7 plugin model.
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 6, 2004
It must be said this is the only PS plug in that I’ve come across for Mac OSX that doesn’t work in Elements 2 -even Extract works fine in Elements if you transplant it (I have both CS and Elements2) and all the OSX third party filters and plug ins are fine so far. As Stu says the best guess is it’s because ACR is tied to CS rather than to PS7 (it’s about the biggest drawcard they have for upgrading so it’s not a surprise).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections