TA
Posted By
Tonja_Auyeung
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I believe there may be an issue with my installation software. How long does it take to install the software? It keeps running through the "Installing language dependent files…" over and over and over. I let it run for 30 minutes before killing the install. Can someone confirm that this shouldn’t be happening? Thanks!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Jun 24, 2004
Definitely should not be happening. Post back with OS and computer configuration and either Windows or Mac people (maybe both) will respond.

Bob
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 24, 2004
Hasn’t someone else had a problem with languages within the last month or so? … sort of rings a bell somewhere …. but can’t think what it was.

Wendy
DE
Diana_E
Jun 26, 2004
If someone has info on language problems, please forward or let me know where to find that info. In the mean time I’ll keep searching the forums…

=====================

I am having the SAME problem. Went to install Creative Suite Premium and when on the Photoshop installation portion it "hangs" on Installing Adobe Photoshop- Language Dependent Files.

I let it sit overnight, still stuck this morning. I have followed some of the troubleshooting suggestions such as disabling all of the Windows startup options, still does not seem to help. I copied the CD’s to the hard drive to ensure there is not file corruption. The files seem to be fine, just the "lovely" program is not installing!

WHY won’t this install! Very frustrating for such an expensive program. Where are the technical support folks? Where are their quality control people and QA testers?!? All right, enough venting, here is the general outline of the machine I am attempting to install to:

Win XP
AMD Barton 2500+ chip
1GB of RAM
200 GB hard drive with over 80 GB free space
NEC 2500 DVD +-R/RW with CD/CD-R/RW
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 26, 2004
I sort of remember the language thing, he had to change the language, but where you do that is a mystery to me. But that was the problem. I will look back thru and see if I can find it.
Jane
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 26, 2004
Could this be it, or at least something that will help, I hope. <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bb4a676> Jane
DE
Diana_E
Jun 26, 2004
OK, so I will answer my own question, and hopefully help out others who may come across this in the future.

SYMPTOMS:
My Windows machine was locking/ freezing when trying to install Adobe Creative Suite Premium. Specifically when trying to install Photoshop it would freeze on this file during installation:
"Installing Adobe Photoshop- Language Dependent Files"

RESOLUTION:
If all else fails follow the directions TO THE LETTER! 🙂 I had trouble uninstalling Acrobat reader as well as the 1/2 installed suite. So… I found this document and followed it to completely uninstall ALL Adobe products from my machine:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/338ce.htm>

Then, I had to go into Windows SAFE mode and install everything (except Acrobat that has to be later installed in "simplified" mode).
For details of this, please see:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/3218a.htm>

This seems to be working, the install is progressing nicely, although I have not yet booted back up into regular/ normal Windows mode.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 26, 2004
Diana, it would be helpful to others for you to post in the Photoshop forum; this is the Photoshop Elements forum, a different Adobe product. That’s probably why you didn’t get more help here; Elements is somewhat easier to install in most cases.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections