AC
Posted By
aliss_cooper
Dec 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a copy of Photoshop CS3 Extended Edition installed on my older computer. It installed perfectly fine and runs fine there. (Windows XP Home)

Now I have a new computer I tried installing it on because I won’t be using my old one anymore but it does not install on it. (Windows Vista 32-bit)

The setup starts fine and installs the early components ok. But when it gets toward the end where it installs Photoshop CS3 it finishes up then lists the components that were installed. Everything else has a green ok check by it but Photoshop CS3 shows a red X saying this component could not be installed.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Dec 5, 2007
Exactly which version of Vista? If it’s Vista Home Basic then Photoshop CS3 won’t install (or run) under that O/S version.
AC
aliss_cooper
Dec 5, 2007
it’s Vista premium
AC
aliss_cooper
Dec 6, 2007
?????????
M
Maui69
Dec 6, 2007
Hi, I have the same problem with the current CS3 extended version on my Vista Ultimate. After clicking the set up bottom nothing is working/going on. No installation possible 🙁
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 6, 2007
search the forum. lots of people are having (and have solved) this problems. did you try everything listed in those posts? if not, what did you try?
M
Maui69
Dec 6, 2007
I just followed the installation procedure given by adobe. Switched of all other software and clicked on auto set-up. It shows me the set-up tool but after a double click, the auto set-up icon disapears and nothing else happens. No error message nor other hint. It looks like I haven’t activated the set up…
AC
aliss_cooper
Dec 6, 2007
that adobe page is usueless
AC
aliss_cooper
Dec 6, 2007
It doesn’t give any errors.. it simply DOESN"T install CS3 when it gets to that part..
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 6, 2007
AC
aliss_cooper
Dec 6, 2007
No I’am not wasting my time going through all that useless bullshit. My computer is brand new and there are no issues with it , its hardware or anything installed on it because there is hardly anything on it to begin with. It’s the junk from Adobe that has the problems.

Maybe if the jackasses who actually built this would have it give specific error messages so the problem isn’t completely unknown then I would know exactly what to fix but instead they make you go through hours of "maybe fixes" then tell you to format your hard drive at the end when everything else fails… which still wouldn’t fix anything..
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 6, 2007
No I’am not wasting my time going through all that useless bullshit.

well good luck then! what are you hoping to get here?
G
graffiti
Dec 6, 2007
My computer is brand new and there are no issues with it

"New" hardly means "no issues".
JD
Jason Drabek
Dec 6, 2007
no issues

Why are we here again?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections