B
Posted By
badsworth
Oct 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone advise me please – I have just installed PSCS and Image Ready. Image Ready seems to work fine – but when I open PS (or swap across from Image Ready) I get a screen that says – ‘Memory could not be allocated for the activation process. Please close all other applications and try again.’ I have no choice (because nothing else works) but to click OK whereupon PS closes down.

I have no other applications open, and my PC is only 6 months old with 512Kb of memory. I have Win XP.

Has anyone else had this? What can I do?

badsworth

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Corey
Oct 23, 2004
Go to Edit > Preferences and adjust your memory usage amount. While there, you might also see how many history states you’re using, to free up some RAM.

512 MB of RAM, right, not 512 KB?

Peadge:-)

"badsworth" wrote in message
Can anyone advise me please – I have just installed PSCS and Image Ready. Image Ready seems to work fine – but when I open PS (or swap across from Image Ready) I get a screen that says – ‘Memory could not be allocated for the activation process. Please close all other applications and try
again.’
I have no choice (because nothing else works) but to click OK whereupon PS closes down.

I have no other applications open, and my PC is only 6 months old with
512Kb
of memory. I have Win XP.

Has anyone else had this? What can I do?

badsworth

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections