GH
Posted By
glenn holmbom
Aug 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sometimes when I press Alt Gr and + to zoom Photoshop makes the image smaller insted of bigger. The minus-sgn dosn’t work at all. The same thing happens in Illustrator. When I restart the program it all goes back to normal.

I have WIn XP and Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10. I never exeried this problems with Win 98 and Photoshop 6 and Illustrator 8.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
Aug 22, 2003
What is AltGr/+ supposed to do?
I use CTRL/+ and CTRL/- [and CTRL/0 and ALT/CTRL/0] all the time. I am intrigued.
KV
Klaas Visser
Aug 22, 2003
Colin, here’s a quote I found on the web:

Alt Gr stands for Alt(ernative) Graphic. It was originally intended for additional keyboard characters, and many layouts use it for that purpose, with the additional character being
shown to the right of the lower character on the key. The German keyboard, for example, uses this key for superscript 2 and 3, square and curly brackets, vertical line (|), backslash, tilde, at symbol and mu (the Greek letter used for "micro" in units). This means it can contain all the keys of a standard US/UK keyboard (except for the pound sterling symbol) plus quite a few others (Umlaute, the "double s" character, accents, circumflex, section symbol and mu). Windows interprets Alt Gr as Alt+Ctrl.

Sounds like it might be more common on European keyboards.
CW
Colin Walls
Aug 23, 2003
Klaas:

I know what the AltGr key does, as I am in Europe. I need to type € for example – even in England. 🙂

I was confused about what PS might use it for and why Glenn wasn’t using CTRL/+ and CTRL/-
KV
Klaas Visser
Aug 23, 2003
Sorry Colin, misundertood what you were asking :-/

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections