JW
Posted By
john_w_stone
Jan 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This feature was added back in adobe photoshop 6.0 I believe, and I think it is stupid. When zoomed in with the lasso tool holding Alt to make straight lines and you need to pan the picture you hit spacebar to use the hand tool. Now if you are not fast enough, or just like holding keys down(like me) and end up holding alt and spacebar together, it will activate the Zoom Out tool. So now your picture zooms out. Very Frustrating to have to rezoom back in. I now have the CS version and thanks btw for the keyboard shortcuts, but there is NO mention of that feature or how to disable it. Any ideas anyone?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

W
wes
Jan 14, 2004
John, you don’t have to hold them down at the same time. Start drawing with lasso, then use alternate and click, let up from the Alt and use the space key to move image, let up from the space and you will start right back where you left off, or at least that is how I have been using it ..
wrote in message
This feature was added back in adobe photoshop 6.0 I believe, and I think
it is stupid. When zoomed in with the lasso tool holding Alt to make straight lines and you need to pan the picture you hit spacebar to use the hand tool. Now if you are not fast enough, or just like holding keys down(like me) and end up holding alt and spacebar together, it will activate the Zoom Out tool. So now your picture zooms out. Very Frustrating to have to rezoom back in. I now have the CS version and thanks btw for the keyboard shortcuts, but there is NO mention of that feature or how to disable it. Any ideas anyone?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections