R
Posted By
R._S._Daniels
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Today I was lucky to get a few photos of a rainbow over a part of Pittsburgh. The rainbow is clear in the afternoon sky but does not standout as much as I would like. Is there a way to enhance it and make it stand out to be more of the focal point of the photo?

Robert Daniels

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JC
Jane Carter
Jun 3, 2004
Yes, you can use the burn tool over the rainbow and that will enhance it. You will see better info from the experts here of how to do it correctly.
I’ve got a picture(snapshot) of my kids standing on a huge rock with a great rainbow behind them, and if I could find the doggone picture, I will try this. Glad you reminded me.
Jane
PD
Pete_D
Jun 3, 2004
Today I was lucky to get a few photos of a rainbow over a part of
Pittsburgh. The rainbow is clear in the afternoon sky but does not standout as much as I would like. Is there a way to enhance it and make it stand out to be more of the focal point of the photo?

Robert,

I lived in Pittsburgh and I commend you for having the patience to wait for a picture of anything except gray skies. <GRIN>

But seriously there are a number of ways that you should try to get the results you want. I always look first at the levels adjustment (enhance / adjust lighting / levels) and move the sliders around and see the effects. Contrast adjustments would is another choice. For a rainbow you may want to create several layers and have different adjustments on each layer, changing opacity to get the best combination.

BTW. Have you ever gone to Mt Washington to take pictures of the city? And Especially the night of "light up night"? Overlook Park is also a favorite of mine that give a different view of the three rivers and the Point.

Pete
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 3, 2004
Hi Pete 🙂

R.S, try the sponge tool in saturate mode
PD
Pete_D
Jun 3, 2004
Hi Pete 🙂

Hello Jodi;)
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 3, 2004
You could also try using a Hue Saturation layer and raise the Saturation lever a bit. Use a soft brush with black on the adjustment layer mask to remove any unwanted saturation that gets applied to any of the other elements in the photo.

Terri
MS
Mark_Sand
Jun 4, 2004
Robert,
Before fooling aroung with Hue/Saturation or any of the other suggested methods, so might want to first select the rainbow (with a small amout of feathering) and apply the adjustments to this selection so as not to affect the rest of the picture.
Mark

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections